There comes a time when we’ve had enough of the cold, school and work and we are ready to let loose and relax . . . Thankfully, Spring Break is right around the corner; just what the doctor ordered.
Our favorite destinations:
- Las Vegas
- Cabo San Lucas
- Puerto Vallarta
- Pack ahead of time so that you’re not stressing the night before your flight.
- Use travel-sized reusable bottles to fill with your own facewash, shampoo and conditioner. However, try limiting your toiletries to only the essentials.
- Keep it simple and only use a carryon suitcase. Spring Break is a maximum of one week which can easily fit into one small suitcase. After all, bikinis don’t take up too much space
- For a short trip, it helps to pack within the same color scheme so that you don’t have to pack a different pair of shoes for each day.
Trends to try during spring break:
- High waisted denim shorts
- Crochet (coverups, tops and bags)
- Maxi dresses
- Mirrored sunglasses
- Be health conscious during the time leading up to your trip, if you aren’t already. Nothing should stand in the way of you feeling happy and confident while on your trip.
- Drink lots of water, at least half your body weight in ounces. For example, someone who is 120 pounds should drink at least 60 ounces of water daily. This flushes out the toxins from your body, reduces bloat, and keeps your skin glowing.
- At least one week before your trip try to limit processed, sugary, buttery, fried and overly salty foods.
- No need starve yourself! It’s not about eating less, it’s just about eating more of the right foods. Aim for natural, whole foods, like fruits and veggies. You will feel and see the difference, especially in your energy levels!
While on your trip:
- Try not to think of all your obligations back home. Be present and enjoy the moment.
- Do not wear makeup at the beach or pool.
- Treat yourself. Do at least one thing you wouldn’t regularly do, like a facial or a massage.
- Do something adventurous. Go parasailing, ziplining, banana-boating!
- Wear sunscreen at all times
- Seek out restaurants recommended by locals.
- Read a book. Some good reads are:
- Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg
- A Hundred Summers, Beatriz Williams
- The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
- Be fit outdoors. Skip the gym and go for jogs along the beach.
- Take lots of pictures.
Here at A Bikini A Day, we are of course all for a beautiful bikini destination, but whatever your plans entail, we want you to make the most of this Spring Break, reconnect with friends and family, laugh, and create memories! Have fun and be safe!