For the 1% of the female population that already has their Halloween costume completely figured out, this article will not be useful. For the rest of us… we drew inspiration from the celebs and compiled some of our favorites. We broke it down by category: ⬇️⬇️⬇️
From the Women’s Rights marches to the Gender Wage Gap battle, feminists are more inspired than ever. If you want to show respect to that this Halloween, consider these three options.
- Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot was a show stopper in this year’s Wonder Woman, but that shouldn’t stop you from putting your own spin on it like Olivia Munn did.
- Rosie the Riveter: To refresh you, Rosie the Riveter is a cultural icon from World War II, representing women who stepped up in the workplace while men were overseas. We think Rosie is pretty awesome, and clearly Miranda Lambert does, too!
- Flapper Girl: If we were born in this era, we’d like to think we’d be Flappers – young women in the 1920’s who broke through barriers of what society expected of them. We bet Karolina Kurkova agrees!
Maybe your goal is to look effortlessly chic. Maybe Halloween isn’t your favorite holiday but you’re dressing up anyways. Or maybe you just don’t have much time to find a costume. Whatever the reason is, the chill vibe is a totally great way to go. These two examples should help you out.
- Mario & Luigi from Mario Cart: Nothing says chill like a video game. Kendall Jenner and Cara Delevingne showed off their relaxed side in 2014, and we are still talking about it.
- Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction: This symbolic 90’s character is a super easy costume to assemble. Emily Ratajkowski showed us the way in 2013.
Halloween is the perfect time to pay tribute to your favorite icon. Celebs certainly do. See some amazing examples below.
- Holly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s: What is more classic than this Audrey Hepburn character? Here’s Lily Aldridge giving it a shot. What we like about it: It’s straight-forward and difficult to mess up.
- Sandy from Grease: Such a beloved character, it’s only appropriate to be Sandy at some point in your life. Last year Gigi Hadid took to it.
- Cher from Clueless: Calling all 90’s girls: Cher is a total betty and Daria Strokous is too in this classic ensemble.
- “Hit Me Baby One More Time” Britney Spears: 90’s girls rejoice again! You’re lying if you say this costume doesn’t give you all the feels. Lauren Conrad looks adorable in it, as usual.
Okay, maybe we are biased here at ABAD, but we believe a nautical theme is always on point… and Halloween is no exception.
- Sailor: Paris Hilton as a sailor in 2007 proves this is a timeless choice.
- Pirate: Audrina Patridge can rock many looks, especially this one though.
- Mermaid: Kim Kardashian is all about the nautical look, she has actually dressed up as a sailor and a pirate too. But her mermaid look stands out as one we’d like to copy.
You don’t need an excuse to show off your figure, but if you’re looking for one… Halloween is it. Feel amazing in your body with these costume ideas.
- Christina Aguilera’s “Dirrty”: Kylie Jenner killed it in her portrayal of the infamous music video. She even won Xtina’s stamp of approval.
- RingMaster: We already know Miranda Kerr owns the runway, but she also runs the show as a RingMaster. Nothing like a girl in charge!