Humid weather and a sweaty, oily face typically go hand in hand. It can be quite frustrating battling melting makeup, so here are a few tips on how to humidity-proof your routine so that anything oil related is left in a frying pan and not on your face.
What are your top 5 humidity-proof makeup products?
1. MAC Face and Body Foundation. The best way to use this is to take a bit of time to work it into the skin as what most people don’t know about this foundation is that it’s low to high coverage. It’s really buildable and waterproof, so when i know my model has to get wet this, the one I go for. Plus it’s amazing on body to even out skin, it dries quickly and has SPF 15+.
2. MAKEUP FOREVER Brow Corrector. This won’t budge once applied. Use an angled brush to create your brow shape using small upward strokes to mimic brow hairs.
3. COVER GIRL Lash Blast Mascara in very black. Curl your lashes and apply mascara by wiggling the brush from the root to tip. Repeat. This mascara gives you enough time to apply a second coat without being too wet, and dries without going flakey. Great in humidity and underwater.
4. PALLADIO Rice Powder. This super fine powder is essential when I’m on shoots as it’s so fine and translucent and doesn’t disturb the makeup. I like to use a sponge to just press in into the skin to get rid of shine down the T-zone.
5. NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray. This spray is so great when you’re in the heat. Either under hot studio lights or out on the beach, this spray will keep makeup put, but still keeping the dewy skin through the day with minimal touchups.
What’s the biggest mistake that women make when applying makeup?
Too much! If you have problematic or a few spots on your skin not to use a high coverage foundation as it can look heavy and caked on. Apply your normal moisturizer and a foundation like YSL Touché Eclat Foundation to still keep that glow and freshness, then use a full coverage foundation to just cover the spots. I love the Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation for this. It’s waterproof and the consistency is really creamy and natural but the coverage is flawless.
When a model’s makeup becomes patchy, how do you resolve the problem?
Prep, prep ,prep. It’s the best way to prevent unevenness and patchiness throughout the day. You can remove all oils off the skin by using an oil free facewash or Bioderma Crealine on a makeup pad, then massage moisturizer (after your choice of sunscreen) into the skin. I use Embryolisse, and no primer. Too many layers will will create too much slip and your foundation will start to slide and go patchy. I also like buffing foundation into the skin with with a Rae Morris Foundation Brush; it will really circulate the blood under the skin and will bring out a natural, even glow that will last.
Follow Ashlea on instagram HERE!