- 12 strips of bacon
- 12 medium/large brussels sprouts
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Then, prep brussels sprouts by washing and patting dry with a paper towl.
- To make bacon wrapped brussels sprouts. Place a brussels sprouts at the top of a piece of bacon. Then roll it up, your bacon inside the brussels sprout and place on baking sheet. Season with pepper, to taste.
- Bake at 375ºF for 30-35 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
- To serve, insert a toothpick into each brussels sprout.
2) Instead of Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes (265 calories per serving) try Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Chives (160 calories per serving)!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Chives
Prep time 10 min
Cook time 20-30 min
Total time 40 min
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of soft goat cheese
- 3-4 chives thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 non fat chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper
3) Instead of a slice of Apple Pie with ice cream try these delicious Baked Pears with Walnuts and Honey!
Baked Pears with Walnuts and Honey
Prep time 5 min
Cook time 30 min
Total time 35min
- 2 large ripe pears
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey
- (optional) yogurt or frozen yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the pears in half and place on baking sheet.
- Scoop out the seeds using a measuring spoon or melon baller.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top with walnuts and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of honey over each one.
- Bake in the oven for 30 min, remove, let cool and enjoy!