Walking down the shampoo aisle of the drugstore can be quite overwhelming with the huge variety of brands offered, all claiming to work wonders for your hair. Don’t waste your time and money trying shampoos and conditioners – we have done the work for you and here are our results:
1. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner- This is our most recent discovery and we are obsessed! It is sulfate free which is great because it’s gentle on our color treated hair. It lathers beautifully and has a nice light fragrance. Overall, it leaves us with soft, lustrous hair.
2. L’anza Healing Moisture Tamanu Cream Shampoo and Conditioner- This set of shampoo and conditioner is ultra-smoothing and leaves our hair looking really soft and healthy with no dry looking ends!
3. Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Conditioner- We love this shampoo when we want to amp up the volume! Of course, it works perfectly with our favorite Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray as well to get that tousled, sexy effect.
4. Redken- We have used numerous varieties from the Redken brand, including All Soft and Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner. We felt that our hair just looked OK after using these products and were not worth the money.
5. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner- For the amount of money we spent on these products, we expected to be impressed! However, our hair felt flat and almost as if it stripped our hair of moisture after using it! The scent was also slightly off putting to us. This is one we do not recommend you spend your money on.
1. Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Shampoo and Conditioner- We always buy a Pantene brand shampoo and conditioner when we are traveling instead of using the hotel products because it is easily found in most convenience stores, and we can rely on this detangle our hair well and leave it looking shiny.
2. Dove- We found this product to be a solid buy. It makes our hair feeling fresh, and it has an amazing scent.
3. Suave- We don’t think this did anything to hydrate our hair, which could definitely use some moisture due to color treating and heat styling. The shampoo lathered just fine, but it didn’t leave our hair with that velvety feeling after rinsing it out. It does the job of leaving your hair clean, but otherwise there are no other benefits!
4. Garnier- This shampoo worked really well for our hair. We could see an improvement in shine and sleekness when we used it!
5. Aussie- This shampoo does a great job of cleansing the hair and moisturizing. It makes our hair manageable and super silky. It also smells incredible!
THE VERDICT: If you can splurge, go for Pureology. If you are on a budget, Dove is the best way to go! Also for styling tips see our Beachy Hair article to get a natural wave look.
Here are the products we recommend: